Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What do you mean you're "taking" Manhattan?


Since beginning my walking routine a few weeks ago, I began to get a bit bored with walking the same old blocks over and over again. I wanted to keep a good routine going and didn't want to skip days so I kept it up anyway. Then it hit me, I wonder how long it would take for me to cover all of Manhattan if I walked everyday. So of course I googled it and saw that it has been done before but SO WHAT!! Why can't I do this too? I've fallen in and out of love with Manhattan over the past few years. You know...the over priced and pretenious night clubs, people bumping into me like I don't exist, hundreds of stores I can't shop in. But then there are the little lounges with live entertainment, poetry spots, great restaurants, and the timelessness. But I just feel like there are things I've been overlooking or haven't seen yet. So my goal is to see how long it will take me to cover all of Manhattan. And yes, I mean ALL. This includes all of downtown, Harlem, and Washington Heights. If the address is written as NY, NY I'm gonna cover it. I have a secondary goal which is to lose a lot of weight. So I'll be documenting my progress along the way. I'm looking forward to seeing what I find along the way. Stay tuned for photos, video, discovered hot spots, and I'm sure I'll run into some ridiculousness. Let the journey begin.



Yesterday was day 1. And it was uneventful since I was heading to a doctor's appointment. But I still want to document where I walked.

12/14/09

14th Street (8th Ave-1st Ave)

1st Avenue (14th St. - 34th St.)

5 comments:

  1. Keep it up. The reward is at the end of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your off to a very good start...congrads on another day of success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is very interesting Mel (By the way this is your brother). I subscribed to your feed so I will be keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Charles. Glad you're following.

    ReplyDelete