Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2nd Avenue...Blah!


From 1/5/10
2nd Avenue was BOOOOORING!! So I won't even attempt to make it sound greater than it actually was. LOL! I spent most of my time talking to family and friends on the phone. I got really frustrated with my music because I seriously need to update it. After about 5 blocks, I was tempted to cut the walk short but I said I was back on track. So basically this walk was proof to myself that I would do it no matter what! Everyday isn't going to be great.



Block after block I saw the same old highrises (although some were really nice). I had a feeling this area definitely looked better after dark. All the lights from the windows made the highrises sorta beatiful I guess. I was feeling quite goofy due to the boredom, so my mind began to wander. I was certain that I found where the "Jeffersons" lived.
You know...how they moved on up to the East Side. These buildings looked just like the ones shown during the opening credits. THE FISH DON'T FRY IN THE KITCHEN! THE BEANS DON'T BURN ON THE GRILL!




The only other noticeable thing was when I reached 2nd Avenue & 42nd Street. There was a corner named after Nelson & Winnie Mandela. That was nice to see. OK. That's it. Better luck tomorrow.







Streets Walked
2nd Ave (14th-42nd Streets)

No comments:

Post a Comment